Monday, April 19, 2004

All Grown Up?

Before I write anything else, I simply have to address one little subject.  I am both amused and provoked (and a little bit in awe) of the counter in the little box that accompanies journals in order to record "this journal has been read ___ times since its creation, etc."

It seems to represent a degree of popularity but it's such a bogus number.  How can it possibly be an accurate count when it records each time the author of the journal brings it up onscreen to check, add or edit an entry, whatever in addition to people who click on to check it out?  This makes no sense to me!

And yes, I'm well aware I have the option to delete said counter from my journal but I guess I'm a sucker for punishment and I'm hoping to see some numbers accumulate on mine as well.

You know how lots of people say, "when I grow up, I'm going to be such and such"?  These are grown people and it makes me wonder when do we really feel grown up, if ever?  I know that I'm still waiting for that day.  A really big clue is the day when the bills waiting to be picked up in the mailbox are addressed to you!  This still doesn't mean that you feel grown up, however.  I'm still waiting for that lightening bolt to hit me.

I'm still waiting to look grown up too.  I'm patiently awaiting that magical transformation from the little girl face into the glamorous, ravishing beauty.  When I look in the mirror, I still see the little girl face except she has a few lines on her face, especially around the corners of the eyes.  It's not that I dislike my face.  Not at all.  I just thought a more dramatic change would take place.  You know, something like the difference between Natalie Wood in "Miracle on 34th Street" and Natalie Wood in "Splendor in the Grass".  Is this little girl and grown woman really the same person?!

Could be I was sprinkled with a little pixie dust unbeknownst to me and should take up residence in Neverland.  That wouldn't be so bad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Neverland= AOL Journals!  (At least for me!)  And speaking of... have you visited my daughter's journal?

http://journals.aol.com/babymae1966?Neverland

copy and paste into browse--and you, too will fly away with WendyBird!

I see you got some links in your sidebar.  High Five to you!