THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
You are given control of a cable network to run a seven-movie Halloween marathon. Which movies would you choose?
1. "Frankenstein" 1931 The original, with Boris Karloff
2. "Bride of Frankenstein" 1935 Again, with the wonderful Mr. Karloff (this film and #1 are brilliant and need to be seen as a double feature, at least once)
3. "Count Dracula" a BBC 1977 production starring Louis Jordan...excellent, sexy, sensual and scary...this was a new kind of Dracula for me and very worth checking out
4. "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark" 1988 This film is so bad, it's good and I really like Elvira (she's such a kick and who wouldn't want her job?) and it's time for a break to lighten up the mood.
5. "House on Haunted Hill" 1958 with Vincent Price
6. "The Haunting" 1963 with Julie Harris (this and film #5 used to scare me to death when I was a little kid)
7. "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" 1948 with you know who which is just as funny to me now as it was when I watched it a kazillion times when I was young.