Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Self-imposed Hiatus

There are only so many hours in the day and priorities ebb and flow throughout our lives. October is my favorite month of the year and one would think I'd be flowing with creative writing. I have posted exactly five journal entries in three weeks' time. Four of them are responses to weekly question games in which I enjoy participating. I call them games, many refer to them as memes but I haven't a clue as to what a "meme" is; perhaps someone would care to enlighten me.

For me, there's "computer world" and "the real world" and currently I don't have enough available time to live in both.  One of them has to go. Alas and alack, it will be my computer world for a while.  I think I've written all I wish to share at the moment.  I often think there's not a whole lot more to write about without becoming repetitive and redundant and you see, I did just that, didn't I? This is not to say I won't be back at some juncture, journaling away happily. I simply don't have the time these days and my energies seem to be flowing in different directions. This is not a bad thing. I feel the need to sit back a bit and tend to the business of exisiting in the here and now rather than waxing nostaglic in the there and then.

I shall continue to visit my favorite journals, comment when I have one and play the lively games which Patrick's Place so kindly provides us each week. I'll be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meredith, this makes me sad.  I will miss you.  You are one of the few folks out there in journal-land whom I consider a true "kindred spirit."  I enjoy your writing and always think that you have something worthwhile to say.  Stop by and say, "Hi!" once in awhile, will you?  And maybe drop me an email, or an IM if you're out and about the internet...  Lisa  :-[