Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday Seven - Episode 9

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/entries/1333

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
You are given control of a cable network to run a seven-movie Halloween marathon.  Which movies would you choose?

1.  "Frankenstein" 1931  The original, with Boris Karloff

2.  "Bride of Frankenstein" 1935  Again, with the wonderful Mr. Karloff  (this film and #1 are brilliant and need to be seen as a double feature, at least once) 

3.  "Count Dracula" a BBC 1977 production starring Louis Jordan...excellent, sexy, sensual and scary...this was a new kind of Dracula for me and very worth checking out

4.  "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark" 1988  This film is so bad, it's good and I really like Elvira (she's such a kick and who wouldn't want her job?) and it's time for a break to lighten up the mood.

5.  "House on Haunted Hill" 1958 with Vincent Price

6.  "The Haunting" 1963 with Julie Harris (this and film #5 used to scare me to death when I was a little kid)

7.  "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" 1948 with you know who which is just as funny to me now as it was when I watched it a kazillion times when I was young. 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list!  I'd have to add "Young Frankenstein" and "Ghost Busters" ...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Hangs head in shame...I left Elvira off my list in favor of newer smut...for shame...:( At least you kept her going mom!

Anonymous said...

Great List!
Although my favourite Dracula of all time has to be Christopher Lee... Of course, there have been a couple of others I wouldn't say 'no' to as well... ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/blueniledaiquiri/BlueNileDaiquiriRoom/