Monday, April 26, 2004

The Second Best of Everything

As is usually the case, I'm a little slow on the uptake but this little "assignment" from John sounds fun.  Hope it's not too late--ah, it's never too late for most things!

My personal list of second favorites:

Movie:  This was very hard.  It's a toss-up between "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", a beautiful, extremely romantic film with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrision and "Now, Voyager" , a real tear-jerker with the indomitable Bette Davis.

Book:  Another toughie (there are so many) but possibly it's "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith.  Fascinating, well written story of life in the slums of Brooklyn circa 1902 to 1919.  Great story and quite an education.

Album:  I guess it has to be "Private Dancer" by Tina Turner.  I want to be Tina Turner (past the Ike stage, that is).

Teacher:  Allan Irons, my choir director through all four years of high school.  A tough taskmaster who demanded nothing less than the best and usually got it.

Ice Cream Flavor:  There's no bad flavor but how about coffee

Comfort Food:  Easy.  Homemade macaroni and cheese but I can't eat this any more; can't eat cheese now and reduced fat or non-fat versions don't work in this.

Celebrity Crush:  Liam Neeson, great face, great voice

Cartoon Character:  Pepe Le Pew, he's so romantic and such an optimist--reminds me of my husband

Favorite Way to Relax:  Check out Musings of a Naturist!

 

No comments: