Sunday, April 18, 2004

A Major Victory

I am so thrilled!!  I just figured out how to do two things with this computer that have had me baffled for ages.  It doesn't take much to make this little camper happy!  The process of creating a link has been eluding me for such a long time.  I was clueless and just recently I clicked onto a journal with "helpful hints, etc." (and boy, do I need them.)  Like so many things, it was ridiculously easy once I read how to do it.  I've been wanting to include a link to my journal(s) on my profile page and now, at last, I have done it.

Figuring out how to insert a picture has been a challenge as well.  I just seemed to fall into the process of how to do this as soon as I conquered the link battle.  Minor problem here is that I'm not quite sure exactly how I got this picture in here but I'm confident that if I did it once, I can do it again.

All of you out there who are completely competent with all the options a computer has to offer are either shaking your heads with disbelief or have dissolved into fits of laughter from which you may never recover.  That's okay.  You were all novices once, right?

As to the picture, it's a recent one I had my daughter take in case I ever figured out the "insert picture" mystery.  I just wanted to have one ready to use!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and it is a great photo!  Can't believe how similar we are-- my grandmumsy blog's "About Me" section reads about word-for-word-- and you graciously visited my "Argument Against Growing Up" just yesterday to spread some sunshiney things.  Hope you"ll return.  A little hint about the counter thingy.  It may seem pushy, but some folks actually LIKE for you to leave a link to your journal whenever you make a comment in theirs.  They are more likely to return to "check you out."  So I will follow my own advice.  (And if you need help with the link stuff or graphic stuff, be sure to ask any of myselves!)
http://journals.aol.com/MerelyP/ArgumentAgainstGrowingUp
http://journals.aol.com/grandmumsy08/OneHandClapping --poetry only, but you might be interested in the About Me section because it's so similar to yours.

Yours in hotflashes and nightsweats--
"mumsy"