Monday, March 21, 2005

The Saturday Six

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/#Entry1058

Yeah, I know, Saturday's long gone but this is the first chance I've had to post these so here we go...

1. You know company is coming:  do you panic and immediately begin cleaning house or do you sit back and relax because your place is already clean?

Thank God for occasional company to goad me into action.  I'm not a slave to housework so I usually have to clear away and tidy up a bit.  Strategic placement of lit candles and use of subdued lighting help to disguise a multitude of neglected chores.  Besides, anyone who really knows me is fully aware I'm not the neatest person on the planet and they're coming to see me, after all; not my house.

2. Which was a bigger surprise for you:  
a) Robert Blake was acquitted
b) Martha Stewart did jail time
c) Scott Peterson was sentenced to death
d) The Michael Jackson trial began at all

a) Robert Blake

3. What was in the last package you received in the mail?

Two large boxes containing our new computer

4. What commercial annoys you the most at the moment?

A man wrapped up in a blanket falls out of bed, proceeds to roll down a flight of stairs and apparently survives to inform his wife he wants breakfast crepes at IHOP.  This one gets my vote because it must've run at least 15 times during the program I watched last night.  Enough already!

5. What charity was the last one to call you to solicit a donation?  Did you give them money?  Why or why not?

Pass

6. What common household product do you hate to run out of the most?

Paper towels.  How did the world survive before there were paper towels?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't thought about paper towels.  It must be a tie between that and toilet paper.  With  nine animals in the house (ten if you want to count my husband) paper towels are a precious commodity...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I don't ever give $ to those who call for money...but those Girl Scouts get me every year!! Damn them and there overpriced cookies!

Anonymous said...

I panic ... sort of. I'm not one to make excuses and I let the rare guest know.  Robert'a acquittal shook me.  I was hoping that they would use him as an example.  
The last package wasn't for me, it was kiddy DVD's.  
I like all commercials, but then, I seldom watch t.v.   But that one's cute.
Charity - they better leave me alone.

I hate to run out of tinfoil.  Regarding paper towel, I hate to spend so much money on something I throw away.