Thursday, March 10, 2005

A Slow Return

Fifty-three days is a long time to forego a habit which provides a pleasant pastime, a hobby of sorts. Many upsets have occurred in my life over the past several weeks. As I look back on them now, they seem trivial when compared with "the big picture" of the world’s current trials and tribulations.

But it’s not dealing with that big picture on a daily basis that skews our normal day-to-day routine. We’re all tuned into the small-screen version of our personal lives and it’s upsetting when disruptions occur. At last, after many fits and starts I am the proud owner of a new computer and a reasonably new (2003) car. The normal routine of my life has resumed and I’m happy for this. Much to my amazement I’ve discovered that I’m unable to pick up where I left off in my journal before my old computer took a nose dive. I find I have to ease back into the process.

I’ve been spending time catching up on all the entries I’ve missed in the journals I follow. While I was without my own, I visited the public library once a week and logged onto one of the three computers there for public use. The allotted time was only one hour and we all know how quickly time flies by when we’re tuned into that small box; even more so when a timer is counting down the minutes in the upper right-hand part of the screen. After checking out, reading and deleting a weeks’ worth of email, there wasn’t much time left for reading journals and no time at all for posting entries of my own. I feel, as they say, out of the loop and need to get my creative juices flowing once more. This entry is a step in the right direction.

It's so good to be back!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it's good to have you back.  Update us when you can!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

welcome back!