Saturday, July 9, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 65

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/entries/1212

1. How many mirrors are there in your home?  8  If you could go for the rest of your life without ever looking in a mirror (but still know that you hadn't missed a button or that your hair was disarrayed, etc.) would you?  No

2. What online abbreviation annoys you the most and why?  I can't think of one in particular; I dislike abbreviations in general online or off.  It's just as easy for me to type or write the complete word and I prefer to communicate with real words.

3. What do you hate the most in this world?  Mankind's intolerance and incapacity to get along with his fellow man, worldwide.

4. You decide to go to your next high school reunion.  What do you anticipate would be the thing most people said about you behind your back?  "That's so cool that she and ___ are still together and happily married.  Guess those high school romances can work out."

5. You learn that because of some galactic mixup in fate itself, you must restart your life tomorrow in a new place.  You will emerge as a person with a unique past and won't seem out of the ordinary to those in the new place.  You will retain the experiences and memories of your past, but the people you are closest to will believe that you are dead and gone and you would be prohibited from contacting them.  Where would you go and why?  This is an impossible scenario to even try to imagine.  Nothing would work for me if I still retained memories of family and friends and all the memories of experiences of my life with them.

6. What are you most passionate about in this moment of your life and why?  We all think we know what "passionate" means but I had to look it up anyway to answer this question.  I don't think I'm truly passionate about anything in my life at the moment (excluding the intense love and devotion I feel towards my husband and family).  I want to answer to a different kind of passion and as I am typing my answer here, I realize I don't really have one.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...it just is.  Thank you, Patrick, for providing me with some food for thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My answer to question number 4 was similar to yours !   Tina

Anonymous said...

I have never really thought of myself as a passionate person, but I guess my political leanings qualify...  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

i agree, I couldn't bear to be alive and be away from my children.