Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Saturday Six Episode 67

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/entries/1219

1. Who was your first best friend?  Carol Cline  How old were you when you two met?  We met in kindergarten and were the very best of friends until I moved away in the early part of 6th grade.  Are you still in regular contact with each other?  No but we touched base once or twice in our adult years to catch up on each other's lives.  I've had several great girl friends since but I never had another female "best" friend again...in the ensuing 41 years.

2. Other than the "Saturday Six," what weekly or daily memes do you play most often?  (Please give a link to that journal.)

It goes without saying I'm a die-hard Saturday Six fan.  If I don't participate, I'm either deathly sick, dead or....on vacation.  I participate in John Scalzi's Weekly Assignment http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/entries/4468 as often as I can (and truthfully, when the assignment appeals to me). 

And while I don't consider Judi's monthly Artsy Contest http://journals.aol.com/judithheartsong/newbeginning/entries/1493 as anything close to a "game", I recently discovered this wonderful opportunity which she graciously offers us once a month to expand our writing skills and imagination via a different frame of reference each time.  This contest was the only thing I truly missed from being away from the internet during my recent vacation.  This is something I look forward to participating in, when possible, for the rest of the year.

3. Which of the following likely has the bigger mess underneath it:  your stove, your refrigerator, your couch or your bed?  The refrigerator, I'm sure.  However, I do know enough to vacuum the grill at the bottom (and what lies behind that grill) once in awhile.

4. Take this quiz:  How long does MSN think you'll live?  90, God help me...hope I'll have a few marbles left.  Then take this one:  How long does Blogthings think you'll live?  I will die at 79...this "quiz" is mighty blunt, isn't it?  Sheesh....I could be hit by a truck tomorrow!

5. Do either or both of these motivate you to make any changes in your lifestyle?  No, I've made more changes to my lifestyle to improve my well being and health in recent years than most I know, thank you very much and if I'm about to put any importance to these nutsy tests, it's already too late!  (But we love to take them, don't we?)

6. Name five things you would like to do by December 31, 2005.

1.  Remove our back deck and successfully replace it with either a new one, a cement patio or new lawn.

2.  Be happy that the new job I decided to take after working in the same place for almost nine years was the right decision.

3.  Once again, pay my property taxes all at once rather than splitting them into two annoying payments.

4.  Be satisfied with the new photo my driver's license will bear after renewing in August.  It's been so long since I've had to actually appear in person that I can't remember what year it was my last photo was taken.  Here's a clue; I've lived in California for almost 29 years and this will be the third DMV photo for me.

5.  I don't send many Christmas cards any more but I'd really like to get them out by the second week of December at the very latest...not a chance, not a prayer.


 


 






 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New job?  Lisa  :-]