Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 76

Picture from Hometown

If you'd like to join in the fun, click here Patrick's Place

. Of the following, which one best describes you at your worst? (You can't select "None of the above!")
a. One who doesn't finish what he/she starts
b. One who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk
c. One who always finds the worst in a situation
d. One who generally knows what's right but does what's wrong

If my husband were choosing for me he'd probably select c. because, alas, I lean towards being a pessimist. I'm trying to change my tendency to think that way so I'll pick b. But I also try very hard to do that which I say I will.

2. Not counting shows like Saturday morning cartoons designed specifically for kids, what single show that you grew up watching religiously is now the one you most hate to sit through?
Hate is such a strong word. I watched "Leave it to Beaver" religiously, loved it (and Tony Dow is still cute!). When I watched it as a youngster, I never realized how oh, gee golly, Wally it really was. I never tuned into how the two boys lived exclusively in their rooms while home unless eating at the dining room table, helping with dishes (or occasionally cleaning out the garage) unless summoned by Dad. Oh yeah, like that's a realistic scenario. I can still sit through an episode; I'm just much more critical.

3. Have you ever been so angry with a company that you swore you'd never do business with them again?
If so, it's been deleted from my memory. If so, did you keep that promise? I couldn't tell you.

4. Take this
quiz: Are you psychic?

You Are 20% Psychic
You are barely psychic.
Sure, you sometimes predict things...
But is it a matter of luck? Or something more?
Pay closer attention to your first intuitions
You may be more psychic than you know!

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #68 from
Lily: What's the longest you've talked on the phone in a single phone call, and who were you talking to? I'm not big on talking on the phone to anyone for any length of time. It was probably a phone call with my husband when he was my beau a very long time ago and I couldn't begin to tell you the time spent. When we were first together, an hour seemed like a minute so who knows?

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #69 from Betty:   (She recently returned from a trip to Las Vegas!)  How do you feel about gambling?  I'm not much of a gambler, I think I'm probably too cheap, I mean frugal,  and can think of much better ways to waste my money.  I've got to admit, however, that the sound of quarters raining down into that little bucket is quite exciting and makes you want to keep playing...

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I finished Patrick's Saturday Six at the same time.  Enjoyed stopping by and your honest answers.  
Donna

Anonymous said...

I have to say my answer to #2 would be "Lawrence Welk."  It was a Saturday night staple in our house...I don't think I watched it because I loved it, it was just what there WAS at that time of night on a Saturday.  They play the reruns on Public Television now, and I look at it and go, "Oh, my God....this is awful!"  And SO dated.  It's funny without meaning to be...  Lisa  :-]