Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend Assignment #78: Things to Take

Weekend Assignment #78: You are preparing to evacuate your house due to an upcoming threat. You have already packed up all your essential items, people and pets. You have room for three non-essential items. What are they?

Remember, you already have your essentials: food, medicines, water, clothes, and all the people (including the furry ones) who live with you. "Non-essentials" are things you don't need but would like to have, and can include momentos, books, jewelry, objects of sentimental value, and so on and so forth.

Okay, I have my essentials already conveniently packed and ready to go. I'm assuming there's no size limit to  the "Non-essentials"  that I wish to bring with me. I would round up all my framed pictures that meant the most to me and a huge shoebox full of photographs that I've yet to categorize and place into albums. Photographs are priceless and some of the most important "things" we own. Next, I'd want to bring my bicycle. I'm thinking the availability/price of gasoline might be pretty dear. My faithful two-wheeler could take me where I need to go. And last, but certainly not least, my beloved collection of Christmas ornaments because my life is deeply intertwined with these beautiful, delicate and exquisite things


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers.  Mine would probably be the same...except I'd need to take my laptop.  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

"And last, but certainly not least, my beloved collection of Christmas ornaments because my life is deeply intertwined with these beautiful, delicate and exquisite things"

Isn't amazing how much you relive, just hanging an ornament!



Anonymous said...

The Christmas ornaments are a must !  When all else is crashing down, that celebration would be a reminder that the important things are still there.  Tina

Anonymous said...

Good answers - The worrying thing is that I wold find it hard to choose which photos to take. I seem to have box after box (still waiting to be put into albums!)
Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

My photos would be right there in the top---after all my pets. I also treasure a quilt that my great grandmother Made,