Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Epilogue

I am a happy woman. It's been a long time since I've been able to write that I feel this way. Life has returned to usual around here and I'm so very glad of it. Michael's just about back to normal and eating regular foods; not a whole lot at one time and no fast-food, greasy or fat-laden foods. These are good things.

It's wonderful to see him up and about, visiting friends or entertaining them here. He's back in the driver's seat, continuing practice time behind the wheel in order to get his license. He starts back to work this week, slowly, and I think he'll find he can pick up where he left off and go for more hours. Ah youth! It seems that even when a young person is brought down to such a low point physically, he bounces back quickly.

This short entry wraps up the horrible drama that dominated our summer this year. It's time to move on to other topics, thoughts, etc. There hasn't been room in my thoughts for much else throughout this ordeal. One last observation, however, is that I've always felt our family was a supportive, close-knit group; now we are even more close. This is the silver lining we received from the cloud of misery that hung over us all for such a long time. Life is good once again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know that you were having a hard time. I am sorry that I was not there to support you.

love, Kas

Anonymous said...

Ah, Meredith...I'm so happy that your nasty ordeal has come to an end.  And, yes...isn't it wonderful how fast they heal when they're young?  I hope it's many, many years before you have to spend so much time in and around hospitals again.  Maybe never...!  

How's the new blog going?  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program  :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that things are going so much better...