Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Saturday Six...it's been a while

1. How many different time zones have you lived in? Which one would you most like to live in?

I've lived in two, on both sides of the country.  Which would I rather live in?  It really doesn't matter, does it?  Where you live at the time in whatever time zone that is works just fine.

2. What is the current setting of your home's thermostat? Do you adjust it up or down based on the time of day, or leave it at one setting at all times?

During the summer months, my thermostat is turned all the way down.  I don't have air conditioning and have nothing to regulate during the warm weather.  I only tend it to it during the cold weather.  Off at night and when we're at work and 68 degrees at the highest during the coldest temps.

3. Go to your bedroom closet (or the closet in which you keep the majority of your clothes. Take a quick glance: what color do you see the most of? Is this color your favorite color? If not, why do you have more of it than your favorite color?

These days, I see blues and shades of purple and cranberry.  Are these my favorite colors?  Not really but they're what I've accumulated in the way of work uniforms and for that purpose they serve just fine.

4. Take the quiz: What kind of house are you?

Well, so much for this quiz.  Yeah, I'd love to dwell within something that resembles a gigantic mammal's stomach!  I simply must get in touch with my personal architect so we can get right to work on making this happen.  I can't wait to move right in!!

5. Imagine your dream house: how many stories would your ultimate home have?

Okay, I imagined my dream house.  That dream is over.  Let's get real.  I'm about to turn 53 and my husband is 55 with painful knees, joints, etc.  I'd say a one-story house would do quite nicely.  But I have to say that there is something quite lovely about going upstairs, to bed.  Alas, when I was living in the house that provided that aspect, I was young and unattached!

6. Ripped from the Headlines: An under age teenager decides he does not want to undergo a particularly rough regimen of chemotherapy to treat his cancer. With his parents' blessing, he decides to pursue an alternate treatment to be supervised by a clinic that is outside of the country. Should a court intervene and force the teen to undergo the "traditional" treatment? How much does the prognosis for successful treatment with the chemotherapy affect your judgment?

No, I don't think "a court" should intervene and I would applaud the family in allowing  this teen to make this decision and stand by with their support.  No one knows how anything will turn out and we should all be allowed the freedom to choose our own way about how we wish to deal with health issues.  Obviously, teen and parent(s) have discussed the pros and cons prior to coming to this decision.  No government has any right to dictate to any human being what they should or should not do regarding personal health-related issues.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why it is that my words don't fit into their alloted space any more.  I never had this problem before.  In fact, it just began once I finally got one of my own photos into my journal.  Is this an AOL trade off or what?  Any ideas, any one?  What gives?

Anonymous said...

1.)  I guess I prefer where we live now, not because of the time zone but because of the relative northerliness.  VERY long days in the summer.
2.)  No A/C here, either, so the thermostat is buried in the summer.  In winter, we turn it down to 60 at night, up to 68 during the day, but then I light my pellet stove an heat it up to 80!
3.)  Lots of black, white, gray and brown.  Actually I look better in jewel tones (blue, purple, teal, dark green) but for some reason do not have enough clothes in these colors.
4.)  Yep...that's ugly!  Looks like a dogloo.
5.)  Dream house would probably have an upstairs, bedroom under the eaves....
6.)  I think that whole thing was a media circus almost as obnoxious as the Terri Shiavo thing.  What is the matter with our society...well, I could write a whole entry on that whole thing, but I don't have time.

RE the script running out the side of your journal, I have NO idea what the problem is.  Let me think about it a bit...  Lisa  :-]