Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A Brief Summary

Almost four months have passed since I began my first journal and I'm two months into my second.  I soon felt the need to begin a second journal because my initial one was addressed to one topic and group of people.  This was the first little mistake I made in my foray into Journal Land.  I wrote myself into a corner because I specified my subject matter.   I discovered the hard way that this is very limiting.  I felt that I had to stick with the topic at hand; hence, the birth of my second journal which allowed me the freedom to write about whatever struck my fancy.

As I look back over my entries during the last few months, it's plain to see I have zeroed in on two basic subjects divided between the two journals:  the hot springs we frequent and chronicles of my family.  This was not my initial intention when I began the second journal but I love what it's evolved into.  It's become a comfortable place to write about my family memories--those that are happy, sad and bittersweet.  You know, the stuff of which life is made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing at one point--ended up with FOUR JOURNALS!  I deleted all of them but one, though, because I have not a great deal of time on my hands and I decided that for me I couldn't/didn't want to segregate my life into parcels.  I have thought about making a website to keep homeschooling resources on, though, since they get swallowed up in past months and I don't think people go back and look for them.
love, Kas