Saturday, October 9, 2004

The Saturday Six

Picture from Hometown

Saturday once more and here we go:

1. What is your favorite cartoon show?

I have to agree with Patrick here.  The Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Show (or any other show featuring Daffy, Bugs, Yosemite Sam, Pepe and the rest of the gang) is my favorite also.  It truly doesn't get any better than this!

2. I found this on Wil's journal:  Take the quiz...What natural disaster are you?

3. What was the design of the last postage stamp you used?

The American flag

4. What was the last pill you took?

Lovastatin

5. It's your ultimate breakfast:  what's on the plate?

Ah, breakfast.  My favorite meal.  If I were to throw all health and caloric caution to the wind, I'd have a cheese and mushroom omelet, sausage links, an english muffin, cranberry juice and coffee with real sugar and half and half.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #26 from SpringsNymph and Neil:
a) When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
b) Are you anywhere close to that dream now?
c) Now that you're in the "real world," is your current job now really what you want to do for a living?
d) If not, what would you ultimately like to do?

All I ever wanted to be was a homemaker with a devoted husband and family of my own.  I realized that goal quite nicely, I think, and had the wonderful opportunity to be a stay-at-home mother for almost 12 years.

I never wanted any kind of job or career at all and I certainly never gave a thought to doing what I have been doing for the past 14 and a half years.  I take care of the elderly having discovered, much to my amazement, that I have a real knack for it.  My job is certainly not one of those jobs that people dream about when they say, "when I grow up, I want to be......."

I would love to sing for a living; specifically in a nightclub or lounge, wearing beautiful flowing gowns, singing classic torch songs.  The option to drape myself over the piano at will would be written into my contract.  Also, I would love to have some sort of writing job. 

My talents are minimal in both areas and I lack that very important drive of ambition.  Therefore, I don't foresee a career doing either of these things.  It's pleasant to daydream about sometimes though so I'll just keep singing for myself and regaling you all with my assorted journal entries.  That will have to suffice.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment lst night on yesterday's entry, but AOl hated me, so it didn't stick.  Anyway...
1.)  Rocket J. Squirrel...Bullwinkle J. Moose  (why do they both have "J" as a middle initial.)  Love those cartoons.  Always had so much going on that little kids would NEVER get.
5.)  I'm on a blueberry pancake kick these days.  There needs to be blueberries in the pancakes themselves, and THEN they need to be smothered with warm blueberry compote.  I've only found one restaurant anywhere that serves them that way--"The Blue Whale" in Yachats, OR (pronounced "ya-hots") a little town on the central Oregon coast.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Ha! I finnaly got to the quiz...I am a "wild fire"....sounds like a good name for our next pet fish!