Saturday, October 2, 2004

The Saturday Six

Picture from Hometown

1. Which of the following do you trust more:  a politician, a televangelist, a lawyer, a reporter, or a doctor?

A doctor but they're only human and can make mistakes just like everybody else

2. What's the last song you liked enough thatyou actually took the time to look up the lyrics?

"In These Shoes?" by Kirsty MacColl

3. Which deceased relative would you most like to spend one more afternoon with?

My mother

4. What is your preferred brand for:  a) toothpaste, b) soap, c) shampoo, d) laundry detergent

a) Colgate, b)Yardley's English Lavender, c) Pantene, d) PAR, cheap but effective

5. What is your favorite poem?

I'm not big on poetry but my favorite poem is "The Tale of Custard the Dragon" by Ogden Nash.  He wrote many gems.  I can't resist adding my favorite of his shorter works as well:

"The Fly"         God in his wisdom made the fly and then forgot to tell us why

                                               

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #25 from Tara:  How did your parents select your first name? Were you named after a particular friend/relative/fictional character or did they just like the name?

I believe my parents just liked the name they gave me and I've been forever grateful to them because I love my name.  It's Meredith.






 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5.)  "I've never seen a purple cow...I'm hoping not to see one.
But I can tell you this right now--I'd rather see than be one."  Lisa  :-]