Monday, July 19, 2004

The Saturday Six at Patrick's Place

I've been wanting to play The Saturday Six  for some time now.  It's 3:45am and I can't sleep.  What better time than now.http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/

1.  Open local telephone directory and turn to the "X" listings in the residential section:  give the first surname and the last surname that appears on the "X" listing.

Too easy, there were only three!  The first was Xiong and the last was Xu.

2.  Of the seven deadly sins:  pride, envy, gluttony, anger, greed, sloth and lust, which are you most recently guilty of?

Envy, definitely.  During my bike ride yesterday, I was getting more and more envious of each motorcycle, car and finally, a limosine, that passed me effortlessly going uphill.

3.  What is the last dish you cooked completely from scratch?  ("Hamburger Helper" doesn't count!)

Yech!  Never use the nasty stuff.  Last dish I made was a meat sauce to go over vermicelli.  Have to admit that I didn't make the pasta from scratch, however.  Lol.

4.  List the states in which you've actually set foot.  (If you drove through a state but never got out of the car, don't count it.  If you've flown over a state without landing in it, don't count it.)

I'm probably leaving a couple out but to the best of my recollection, here goes:  NJ, NY, VT, ME, PA, OH, IL, FL, WY, AZ, NV, CA.

5.  You must give up TWO of the following "modern" conveniences.  Which two would you most be likely to toss out for good?

A) Dishwasher, B) Remote Control (for all devices), C) Compact Disc Player, D) DVD Player, E) Internet, F) Washer/Dryer, G) Microwave, H) Cellular Telephone, I) Your Online Journal

Piece of cake!  B) Remote Controls (they're too damn complicated and H) Cellular Telephone (don't even have one so I know I could live without one).

6.  Reader's Choice Question #12 from  http://journals.aol.com/emeraldcalf/ThisnThat:  What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to your significant other?

Sigh.  Leaving cabinet doors, drawers and the door to the dishwasher (all in the kitchen) open after using them.  And after 30 years of matrimony, that isn't half bad.  I shudder to think what he'd write about me!

Well now, wasn't that fun?  I thought so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the Sat. Six this weekend.  These were some great questions!  Love your answers.

Jan

Anonymous said...

I did this one but was to lazy to open the phone book. LOL!
I agree about phones. I hate phones anyway. : )
Angela