Friday, November 12, 2004

Assignment Time

Weekend Assignment #33: They're Singing Your Song Weekend Assignment #33: You can have any person, past or present, sing any song for you that you want. What is the song, and who is singing it for you?   The creation and performance of music is one of the greatest gifts we human beings are privileged to enjoy in this world.  I listen to all sorts of different music and have countless favorite songs that I love to hear over and over again.  The same can be said for singers; there are so many favorites that I don't know how to choose a single one.  I'm going to cheat this time around and choose two.   I thought about this assignment all day at work and nothing came to me.  I usually roll these "assignments" around in my head for a bit before deciding upon how I wish to proceed.   When I initially checked out this week's assignment, it was about to become the third in a row I was going to pass on participating.  But now I've got an answer to the question, with a little help from my friends...this time around, my husband and my son.   I would enjoy a private performance by Billy Idol and Tina Turner singing, "Flesh For Fantasy"!  Billy Idol is one of my secret, guilty pleasures (oops! I guess it's not a secret any longer) and I just love to crank this song of his up sometimes while I'm driving and sing along with it lustily.  The addition of Tina Turner's voice could only make this song better (anyone who knows and loves me knows I'm a major fan of the lady)!  Having these two show up at my door and proceed to serenade me with this song would thrill me to the gills!  Knock my socks off!         Can you just imagine having these two on your doorstep?? Parteeeey!!!!                   Extra credit: Name a singer you wish you could sing like, but can't. So that means even those of you with excellent voices have to pick someone you can't sing like.   I wish I could sing like Cleo Laine.  She has a most beautiful voice and I had the joy of seeing her perform, along with her musician husband, John Dankworthe, many years ago.  In my next life (along with a few other wishes) I would like to have a voice worthy of a singing career.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?  I think so.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLease invite me over when Billy gets there :) I'd love to hear that too!! I had a bonous in my life, when I was only three months pregnant with my little girl ( didn't know she was a girl yet, but had already chosen a name for her) I went to see King Diamond live in SanFrancisco. He sang the song that is her namesake that night which was great since it was an older song and not from the album he was promoting on the tour...it was cool

Anonymous said...

Billy and Tina can rock any party forsure :)
Chelle
http://journals.aol.com/chellebelle1977/chellesjournal
http://journals.aol.com/the2pimpettes/Letthepimpingbegin/