Saturday, November 6, 2004

The Saturday Six

My well of writing has been running a little dry lately; thank goodness for:

Picture from Hometown

1. If you could invent your own cable channel, what would it be called and what type of programming would it show?

Presently, I think there's something for everyone on the airwaves.  My own choice of cable channel already exists, almost.  I'd like a channel that runs movie classics with some "Masterpiece Theater" productions added to the mix.  I'd love to see "Upstairs, Downstairs" again from beginning to end.  I'd call my program "Classic Movie Masterpieces".

2.  What is your typical Thanksgiving dinner menu?

Our typical menu usually includes a huge fresh turkey, mashed potatoes, "bashed neeps" (this is a mixture of mashed potatoes and yellow turnips, also known as rutabagas), gravy, green beans and almonds vinaigrette, mushroom marsala stuffing, rolls, whole berry (always) cranberry sauce, pumpkin, mince and apple pie...all enjoyed with the good wines of our local area.

3. What was your first job?  Was it within the career path you ultimately intended to pursue?

My first job was a secretarial job I landed upon graduation from business school.  It was a one-man office for a regional sales manager to whom about six salesmen reported.  I did a lot of their secretarial work as well.  It was certainly within my career path which I hoped to pursue for only a few years.  I had never worked a day in my life and this job was overwhelming.  I did the best I could and stayed with it for about nine months.  When I got to the point where I started to think that getting in a car wreck on the way to work rather than arriving there might be preferable, I realized it was time to look for something else.  I did exactly that.

4. You're at home by yourself:  do you prefer to wear shoes, slippers, socks only or go barefooted?

Depends upon the season and you left out the option of socks and sandals.  That's for me; with socks in the cold weather, without in the warm.  This is one of the pleasures of being over 50.  You can wear whatever you want without having to constantly worry about looking "cool".

 5. What's your favorite restaurant appetizer?

Has to be Fried Calamari at The Bear Republic!

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #30 from Carly: Do you have a single comment that was ever left that you really enjoyed to the point you still remember it?

Yes, I do.  It was quite amusing and still makes me laugh when I think about it.


 


 

No comments: