Saturday, November 20, 2004

Time for the Saturday Six!

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/;jsessio

1. Other than news, sports, editorials and weather, which specific features or columns of the newspaper do you always read?

I read the obituraries, Dear Abby, comics, Leonard Pitts' column and Dave Barry on Sundays (out loud to my husband).

2.  When do you normally do your Christmas shopping?  Have you started this year's, yet?  Do you intend to spend more, less or the same this year versus last year?

I start as soon as my major financial obligations for the year have been taken care of; i.e. property taxes.  Nope, haven't started yet but I plan to begin next weekend but most definitely not beginning with the day after Thanksgiving.  I intend to spend more; we were very much financially challenged this time last year.

3. You're having a true "TV Dinner," made by a classic character:  who would you rather have in the kitchen:
A) Aunt Bee from "The Andy Griffith Show"
B) Alice from "The Brady Bunch"
C) June from "Leave it to Beaver"
D) Edith from "All in the Family"
E) Claire from "The Cosby Show"

I would pick A) Aunt Bee because she's probably the best cook out of the five choices.  I would consider it a blessing, however, if she had a case of laryngitis the day she came to prepare the meal.  Her voice is most annoying.

4. What topic are you most sick of hearing about in J-Land?

Politics

5. What company is annoying you most with junk mail?

Comcast

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #32 from Chantal:  What cheesy sitcom (from any era) most describes how you grew up? Your family, location, dynamics, details...

None, really but if I were hard-pressed to pick one, I would choose "Father Knows Best" (but I never thought of this show as being "cheesy".







 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I picked Everybody Loves Raymond and I don't think it's cheesy either. I think the question was unfair. Some people just don't like comedies.

Angela

Anonymous said...

<4. What topic are you most sick of hearing about in J-Land?
Politics>   Ummmmm.....sorry!  Lisa  :-]