Sunday, January 9, 2005

Saturday Six

Time once again to play a rousing game of Patrick's Saturday Six!

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/

1. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #38:  If you could live in a foreign country(or city) for one year, which would you choose and why?

I think I might like to live in Australia for a year, somewhere along the coastline.  This would be far enough away to be quite an adventure and english is spoken so I wouldn't have to deal with learning a new language (I have no talent for this).  Maybe, just maybe I'd get my fill of that wonderful Australian accent!

2. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #39:  Did you have a security blanket, stuffed animal or toy that you were attached to as a child?  Do you still have it?

One Easter morning I awoke to the sight of a beautiful, fluffy blue bunny sitting next to my Easter Basket.  I was very young and it was love at first sight.  He (of course it was a he, no doubt about it) went everywhere with me--into the woods, up trees, in the car, to bed.  I was so original back then and gave him the coy name of "Rabbi".  He moved with me into my new home when I married.  He journeyed with me to California and a couple of subsequent moves thereafter.  We finally parted company when I was around 28.  He was falling apart and a sorry-looking sight by then. 

3. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #40:  Favorite alcoholic beverage?

It's interesting how time has changed this answer for me.  Less than three years ago I would've said a Jameson Irish Whiskey Manhattan.  As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate good wine, especially since we live in an area famous for it.  It's good for the heart, you know.  I still appreciate a glass of very good Single Malt Scotch, neat.

4. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #41:  What was your favorite cartoon as a child?

This is a toughie!  There are so many.  It's a draw between "TheDover Boys" from Old PU and a cartoon in which Daffy and Bugs are alternately trying to convince Elmer that it's Rabbit Season/Duck Season.  A classic--and it's still very funny.

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #42:  Is there a chore you enjoy doing?

Yes, believe it or not there is.  I love to hang clothes out on the line to dry in the warm weather.  Few things beat the fragrance of sun-dried clothing and linen.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #43:  A time machine will let you travel 10 years into either the past of future.  Which would you choose and why?

I would opt to choose neither.  Going ten years back in time would bring me right back to the year of my mother's death.  I don't think I could bear to relive that grief-filled part of my life again.

I would never choose to go into the future.  I don't want to know what lies ahead for me and mine.  I'm confident there's a good reason why we're denied this information and must wait patiently until tomorrow becomes today.


 

 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I"m with you on your answer to number six...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Bugs/Fudd episode where it is an opera parody and Bugs dresses as Hilda and Fudd sings to her "Oh Brune Hilda, you are so lovely!" "Yes I know it I can't help it!"