Saturday, August 28, 2004

The Ever Increasingly Popular Saturday Six

Gracious!  I'm always putting out the garbage cans for pick-up, reading Dave Barry's column for my husband and son's amusement Sunday morning and yet another indicator that time is speeding by is the fact that it's time once more to play~

Picture from Hometown

1. What was the last thing you lied about?

When asked if I would work a double shift this afternoon to cover a p.m. shift caregiver who had just called to say she wasn't coming in, I said I had to dog-sit for my daughter.  Not true.  I've been working hard lately and extra hours.  This is my Friday and I was more than ready to leave.

2. What do you most hope to accomplish by the end of the year?

I hope to live through another year of fairly good health.  I hope to have enough money left in my savings account for Christmas after my property taxes are paid for the year.  Hey!  What can I say?  Small goals are attainable.

3. If you could see a film of any moment of your childhood so that you could relive it,  what event would you like to see?

I would pick any given day in the summer when my mother and father packed us all up and took the family to Manasquan Beach, New Jersey for the day.  Nothing was better than a day at the beach!  My mother always made a huge batch of fried chicken the night before for lunch at the beach which always included ripe, juicy purple plums and her fabulous potato salad.  My dad would spend much of the day seated on a bench under a covered pavillion....reading.  Protection from the sun, a beloved book and the only separate time spent apart from the family I can ever recall.  I would love a picture of him sitting there, reading.  Now, I understand.

4. What talent do you wish you had but don't?

I wish I could play a musical instrument, particularly the piano and perhaps the violin.  I had a brief stab at piano lessons in my youth but I was more interested in the teacher than the lessons.  End of lessons.

5. What are you wearing as you answer these questions.  If someone pointed a camera your way right now, would you duck out of sight?

Nothing!  Springsnymphs don't wear anything when they don't have to and the temperature is agreeable.  It would depend upon whom was wielding the camera and how I felt at that particular moment.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #20 from Danielle: Have you ever found a journal that interested you so much, you read all the way back to the beginning?  If so, how many? If you'd like to share, whose journal and why?

Oh my!  Doesn't everyone do this all the time?  If I discover a journal of interest, I always go to the first entry and read from there.  To not do so would be like continually picking up a book, opening up to some spot in the middle and just start reading.  You would be clueless.  How could you understand what was going on in this person's life if you didn't start at the beginning?  I do this with all journals I follow.  My most recent discovery is a delightful journal from http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could play the piano. So sorry I never took lessons. Thanks for sharing.
Angela

Anonymous said...

I love the "photo moment" of your dad that you shared here.  Just right.