Monday, August 16, 2004

Lorena

My dear old friend, Lorena, who shared my bithday and would've been 102 years old this past Saturday didn't make it.  Her obituary was in yesterday's local newspaper.  She died on August 4th.  I'm so sorry and I will miss her.

I knew she'd been ready to die for a long time.  The many years I spent caring for Lorena and listening to her life's stories have enriched my own.  She was never rude, unkind and rarely complained of aches, pains, discomfort and loneliness, all of which I knew she was experiencing.  She was a great lady and a shining example of how to retain and carry one's composure, sense of humor and dignity into extreme old age.

I wrote a little about Lorena in a past entry entitled, "Old Friends" dated July 18, 2004.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh!  May Lorena rest in peace.  I read your earlier entry about her.  She sounds like she was a grand lady.Should I attain that great age, I hope to do it half as well as she...  Lisa  :-]