Saturday, September 25, 2004

Patrick's Saturday Six (Already?!)

Picture from Hometown

1. Who is the last person you took a photograph of?

My granddaughter, playing in the sprinkler this summer ~ unlike about 98% of the people in Journal Land, I'm not big on taking pictures.

2. What decade do you hold the most dear and why?

The seventies, hands down!  This decade witnessed my courtship, marriage, move to California and birth of my first child.  It took me from the age of 17 to 26 and a lot happened.  Frequently, I will say 1970 (insert 1 to 9) when I mean to say 1980 or 1990 something.  I think this is more than a Freudian slip.

3. Take the quiz:  What mystical creature are you?

You're like an angel. As everyone knows, angels dwell in heaven. They were desribed as shining ones wearing white and the idea that they have wings is believed as well. Guardian angels are the ones that many people think are dead loved ones who try to protect the living friends or family they have on Earth. They usually had blonde hair and maybe brown with flawless appearance and sweet dispositions. They were cheerful, hopefull, selfless, loving, and kind. Angels are the one mystical creature that a majority of people truly believe in. Encounters with angels are poping up all over the world and reassuring people's beliefs in angels.

(I am truly surprised; this is Not the answer I was anticipating!)

4. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Wine.  A good Zinfandel or Cabernet in the cool weather; a chilled white such as Johannesburg Reisling or Pinot Grisio when it's warm.  I'm not a stickler for matching the "proper" wine with the dish!

5. What do you normally wear to bed?

A smile; that's all.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #24 from Cherie:  What movie character do you most identify with?

It's a toss-up between Nora Charles (Myrna Loy) in any of the "Thin Man" movies and Jessica Rabbit (pen and ink) from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"






 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your answers. I enjoyed reading them. I did at Patrick's in the comments. I'm a mermaid. : )

Anonymous said...

oooh, I love the Jessica Rabbit answer!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I took the quiz and was "an angel" too.....I think not! Perhaps more of a sprite or something

Anonymous said...

Myrna Loy was Nora Charles.  At least in all the "Thin Man" movies I saw...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right, Lisa!  This glaring error on my part came crashing into my head around 3am.  Don't quite know how I mixed them up but obviously, I'm partial to Claudette too!  Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I was an angel, too. We are kindred. :-)