Saturday, June 4, 2005

Saturday Six Episode 60

Picture from Hometown http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/entries/1166  

1. Who is the last performer you saw live in concert? What is the last film you saw at a theater? Which was more worth the money you paid?

Obviously I don't get out much. I thought it was Ray Charles, my husband says it was Hot Tuna (Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady) and we both think, wait; it may have been Pete Townsend. My final answer? I'm going with Hot Tuna, a great group from the early seventies which played right in our own town at a small theater. The last film I saw in a theater was 'Kingdom of Heaven". The live show was definitely the better show for the money.

 

2. What do you do more of in a typical day: work, sleep, eat, exercise. watch TV, surf the web?

Are we talking a 24-hour day here? Since I work 8 hours a day, five days a week and try to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night, working and sleeping are about tied for first place.

 

3. Your office brings in a new drink machine and it's your job to fill the eight selection slots. What drinks (non-alcholic, of course) do you select?

I stopped drinking soda several years ago but if I had to fill eight selection slots, my choices would be:

Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Diet Cherry Pepsi, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Sprite, A&W Root Beer, Lipton Ice Tea and Cherry 7Up.

 

4. Take the quiz: What is your expression number? Do you agree with the description it gives you? What do you disagree with most?

Your Expression Number is 2

A mediator and peacemaker, you get along well with others.
You light up in group situations, but struggle when you're alone.
Modest and understated, you accomplish more than you give yourself credit for.

Cooperative, courteous, and considerate are words people use to describe you.
You know how to handle anyone, no matter how much of a pain they might be.
Tactful and friendly, nearly everyone who knows you admires you.

Sometimes you are overly sensitive and easily hurt.
When you get too sensitive, you can become shy and uncertain.
At your worst, you can be apathetic and withdrawn.

This is amazingly accurate. However, I don't think this is very scientific. Lol....! The one thing I disagree with the most is "You light up in group situations, but struggle when you're alone." I thrive on "alone" time.

5. Counting all light fixtures and lamps in your home, how many bulbs do you have in place, and how many of them are on right now?

This question was a real eye opener. The first amazing thing is that I actually went around the house, inside and out, and counted the bulbs! And here I thought I had a life. The second amazing thing is that I counted 37 and that doesn't include two nightlight bulbs. How many on right now? 4. I have a real "thing" about top lights (read I can't stand them!!) and I use a lot of closer to the floor lighting.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #55 from Laura: What is your favorite movie line ever and why?

This has to be one of the most difficult questions to answer for me since I've been playing The Saturday Six. There are so many; how to choose one? In my family, we quote lines from films all the time; we can practically carry on a conversation in "movie speak". At least ten great lines popped into my head right off the bat. I wrote them down, closed my eyes and pointed to:

"I feel just.....capital", says Curly Bill Brocius to the cosmos after emerging from an opium den/"Tombstone"

Why? Haven't you ever felt....just capital? I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kinda like, "If you TOUCH me, ONE MORE TIME, I'm gonna rip your wings off!"  (Frank Cross to the Ghost of Christmas present in "Scrooged.")  LOL!  Lisa  :-]