Monday, June 27, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 63

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/entries/1191

You know, it's awfully difficult to enter my Saturday Six answers in a timely manner since I work every Saturday  and am usually off on several tangents Sunday.  Good thing I'm not one of those folks obsessed with being first!  Anyhoo, here goes:

1. Yesterday, I linked to the journal "Mall Of America," a collection of photos from shopping malls of the 1960s and 1970s.  What store do you associate most with your childhood in terms of happy memories and why?  Is the store still around?

I have happy memories of riding up and down escalators in department stores such as Bamberger's and Tepper's.  Once I got to the age of knowing how and what time to meet up with my parents in a predetermined place, I was set free to pursue this happy activity for as long as I wished.  I was also allowed to roam free among the isles of the toy department and fantasize about buying everything I wanted.  This was about 44 years ago.  Since these stores were located on the other side of the country, I have no idea if they're still in existance.  Can you possibly imagine allowing your child such freedom these days?  Very sadly, I can't.

2. What song makes you the most emotional and why?

It's a classical piece called, "The Lark Ascending" by Vaughn Williams.  This is a breathtakingly beautiful piece of music that never fails to sweep me away into a rush of emotional and nostalgic memories.  It always brings tears to my eyes but they are always happy tears.

3. Take the quiz:  What year were you born under, and what year should you have been born under?

Well!  Whatdayaknow?  I'm a snake but I should've been a dog!  Hmm.

You Were Actually Born Under:

Popular and crafty, you are a master at the art of seduction.
You are intelligent and intuitive - and make a savvy businessperson.
You live life to the fullest, even if it means maxing out your credit cards.
Many people are secretly (and hopelessly) in love with you.

You are most compatible with a Rooster or Ox.

You Should Have Been Born Under:

You are totally loyal, faithful, and honest.
However, you don't trust others to be as ethical as you are!
Straight forward and direct, you really aren't one for small talk.
You are a great listener - and an agreeable companion when you're in a good mood!

You are most compatible with a Tiger or Horse.


4. What time do you typically wake up each day?  What is the latest you're normally able to sleep?  How many hours of sleep do you get in an average night?

Typically wake up each work day:  Between 4 and 4:15am

Latest I'm able to sleep on days off:  6am is really sleeping in for me

Hours of sleep per night:  Around 6 1/2 but I never sleep through the night anymore

5. What frightens you the most about getting older?

The possibility of getting Alzheimer's, the cruelest disease which takes your whole life away from you, your memories, your knowledge of how to do even the simplest things yet your body has to go on as an empty shell for an entirely too long a period of time. 

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #56 from Debi:  If you found the house of your dreams, right price, then discovered that a murder or suicide had taken place in the house, would you still consider buying the house?

Yes, I would consider it.  Houses such as these need an infusion of good vibes.  If everyone shuns them, it'll never happen.





 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

    You are right about number six.  I just wish I was brave enough to be the one to do it !!  Tina  

Anonymous said...

I'd have to disagree about the house.  Even though I live next to a cemetery, I don't think I could deal with liveing somewere there had been a violent death...  Lisa  :-]