Friday, May 13, 2005

Question 50 ~ Courtship

Tell a courtship story about your parents.  How did they meet?

I've created yet another journal to house my answers to The Journal Jar which questionscan be found at http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/TheJournalJar/entries/111

However, I wish to enter the answer to this particular question here in what I think of as the journal which is dearest to my heart.

My arrival into this world occurred a long, long time after my parent's courtship.  They began their lifetime journey as a couple when they were both 14 years old.  I was born a quarter of a century later.

My Mother always kept a framed photograph of my dad as a young adolescent on her dresser.  She told me that one day when she was visiting the lady who lived across the street from her, she saw this very same photograph sitting on their piano.  She immediately decided that this young man was going to be her beau.  Well, apparently she was right and my Dad, a naive youth of 14, probably never knew what hit him!  They eventually got married 11 years later when they were 25 and were a devoted, happy couple for a full 67 years until their deaths at the age of 81.  Amazing.

When I got older and really looked at this picture of my Dad, I could see myself staring back at me.  My oldest sister probably has this photograph now and I think I should go about getting myself a copy. 

 

 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely story!  Lisa  :-]