Saturday, May 7, 2005

The Saturday Six Episode #56

Time once again for Patrick's Saturday Six questions.  They sure come around fast, don't they?  That's fine with me because I look forward to them every week.  Okay, here we go:

1. What is your single biggest frustration right this minute?

Not having enough money to buy whatever I'd like to whenever I want.

2. What classic television show would you most like to see made into a modern-day movie?  What classic movie do you think you'd like to see remade?

The operative word in both questions is "classic".  There are reasons why TV shows and movies are classic and they shouldn't be messed with.  I've yet to see any remake that's better than the original.

3. How many people in your family are war veterans?  Of those, how many have you actually talked to about their experiences in war?

One, my brother, and the subject of the Vietnam war is one that I've never discussed with him and I believe he prefers it that way.

4. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #51 from COURTENAYMPHELAN:  Who do you think is the best author in J-land for poetry?  How about for prose?

Pass on this one

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #52 from COURTENAYMPHELAN: If you haven't put your picture in your journal, would you consider doing so?  If you have, what made you do so?

I managed to get a picture of myself into an entry soon after I began my journal.  I doubt many have seen it as my journal had almost nonexistent readership.  I posted a picture of myself on my hometown page which anyone can check out easily enough if they check out my AOL profile. 

I like to see a picture of the individual whose journal I'm reading to match a face with the words.  I thought someone might like to see the face behind my writing as well.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #53 from Nyuknyukpik2:  What is your favorite black and white movie and why?

It's a tie between the original "Frankenstein" starring Karloff and directed by James Whale and the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol" (or "Scrooge") starring Alistair Sim and directed by Brian D. Hurst. 

The incredible use of lighting for dramatic effect in both these black and white films plays a major role in the story and atmosphere.  Both films mentioned above are stellar examples.

I would like to add that there's good reason why films were made in black and white and they shouldn't be tampered with and colored. 




 




 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of my favorite movies are black and white.  In fact, it bugs the s**t out of me when they undertake to "colorize" the classics.  Holiday Inn, Sabrina, It's a Wonderful Life, Bringing up Baby, are some of my favorite flicks...  Lisa  :-]