Friday, August 26, 2005

Weekend Assignment #74: Got the Wants

Weekend Assignment #74: Forget about the things you need -- Tell us about something you want. Preferably something useless and/or expensive. In other words: Toys! Something fun and/or sparkly and/or indulgent that you don't already have but wouldn't mind getting, if someone were offering.

Extra Credit: Do you really think getting that toy would make you happier?

Having just torn down our old deck which was ancient and sagging and a lawsuit waiting to happen, I would love a new larger deck to replace it. I would love to have built-in benches around the sides and flower boxes built into the corners. I would love to have a large hot tub, jacuzzi, spa; whatever you want to call it, with plenty of strategically placed jets set into the floor of the deck in one corner. A fence for privacy would be built up around the spa and be designed to accommodate climbing vines or roses or whatever I chose. I would immerse myself in the soothing, swirling water every day I possibly could, especially after work.

Once this was all completed, I'd love to have a set of sturdy, comfortably padded, attractive outdoor furniture to furnish my outside room. To complete my wish list, I'd love to have one of those beautiful substantial canopies to place over the table for protection from the sun while dining. Necessary? No. Frivolous? Yes.

Would it make me happier? It would make me very happy to have such a lovely place to sit and eat and dream outside my kitchen door but I don't think it would make me happier than I am right now. There's a big difference between the two words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got decked playing soccer, once....