Friday, April 1, 2005

More Journal Jar Questions and Answers

The next two questions from the Journal Jar:

http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/TheJournalJar/

If you could be a flower, what would you be and why?

I would be a poppy.  Their color is gorgeous, they're cheerful to look upon and they show up in the most unexpected places.

 

Between the age of 5 & 10, what was your favorite activity?

The best thing in the world was to play on a swing.  This was fun to do with friends but I enjoyed it the most when I was alone.  I never had my own but our next-door neighbor who was my Godmother had a swing set for her daughter and I spent many an hour swinging away and singing with great gusto the entire time.

I enjoyed this pastime so much that I took myself back to my old grade school the day before I got married and indulged myself in a good swing.  I think I was saying farewell to my childhood once and for all; a form of closure you might say.  Imagine my disappointment when I discovered as an adult with a small child of my own that swinging for any longer than a brief time made me feel quite queasy.  It would take me several days to feel "right" again.  Oh, traitorous gastric system!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny about swings making you feel motion sick as an adult.  The exact same thing happens to me!  I find it highly annoying.  Lisa  :-]