Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Saturday SixEpisode #54

1. If you could ask any question of the head honcho of AOL about the recent journal concerns, what would your question be?

After reading about all this controversy regarding AOL's TOS supposed violations, yanked journals with no warning and reports of a goodly number of AOL "tech" employees who seem to be operating within a sea of confusion, I'm beginning to understand why so many people have nothing good to say about AOL.  Members of my family are constantly suggesting we switch to another provider service but I don't want to give up the journaling aspect.  It's all getting very confusing.

That being said, I would ask the head honcho to have whoever is responsible for the entire journal set-up change or fix the fonts so they actually appear in the size one chooses.  Then they could look into why the hit number on so many journals (including mine) seems to disappear and reappear at random.  And why, when you cut and paste pieces from another site, does the next part you type in yourself have to appear in the same font and color instead of what was originally selected?  Okay, so it's three questions instead of one!

2. How many journals do you visit regularly in an average week...or...if you use a blog aggregator service like "Bloglines," how many journals do you have in your subscription lists?

I check out a lot of different journals but I read about 10 faithfully.

3. Back in July, I asked which of the Seven Deadly Sins (pride, envy, gluttony, anger, greed, sloth, and lust,) you were most guilty of. Now, it's time to pat yourselves on the back and figure out which one you are the least guilty of.

Anger

4. Recent reports indicate that some pharmacists are refusing to sell their customers the controversial "morning-after pill" when the customer prevents their prescription. Should pharmacists be allowed to refuse to sell a medication for which a customer presents a valid prescription based on their own religious beliefs?

I haven't read anything about this happening around here.  A pharmacist's job is to fill prescriptions, explain how to take them and advise of possible side affects.  Period.  A pharmacy is not a church and if a pharmacist can't leave his religious tenets outside in the parking lot while he's at work, he needs to change careers.

5. Take this personality test: What type of personality does it say you are? Then go back to this page, click the link that matches your results. Read the description: how accurate do you think it is about you?

Your Type is
ISFJ

Gasp!  It is frighteningly accurate.  It didn't make me particularly happy to read the description either.  I'll take comfort in the knowledge that apparently I have something in common with the following people:

Famous ISFJs:

Louisa May Alcott
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Queen Elizabeth II of England
Robert E. Lee
Queen Mary I ("Bloody Mary") of England

Fictional:
Bianca in Taming of the Shrew
David Copperfield
Hero in Much Ado About Nothing
Melanie in Gone With The Wind
Ophelia in Hamlet
Dr. John H. Watson, M.D. (Sherlock Holmes' faithful sidekick)

U.S. Presidents:
William Howard Taft

Johnny Carson, comedian
Jerry Seinfeld
Kristi Yamaguchi, US Olympic figure skater

I knew there was a reason I've always had a fondness for Dr. Watson.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #50 from SpringsNymph: You've received an unexpected windfall of $50,000. What home improvement would you spend it on?

I have no idea how much any of this would cost so I'm going for broke here (which I probably would be once all this was done).

I would get rid of the carpeting in my living room which is probably the ugliest on the planet and replace it with something a bit gentler on the eye.  I would tear out our old deck and have a new one built which would include a hot tub built right into the deck...at the same time I'd put in a higher, completely closed fence so privacy issues wouldn't be a problem.  I'd tear down the carport and have it replaced and lastly, I would have my kitchen completely redone including a new floor.

I think I really need to win the lottery!





 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My score was like yours, I was an ESFJ....

Anonymous said...

I am an INFJ (Intuitive Introverted Feeling Judging.)  A rare combination, apparently.  All the explanations agreed I would be a good writer.  I think they got that right, anyway...  Lisa  :-]