Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Saturday Six

Picture from Hometown

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/

1.  If you played last week, did you actually go back to the very first edition of The Saturday Six to see what the first set of questions really were?  Were you surprised at the answer?

 Of course I did, didn't everybody?  No, no surprise.

2.  When you signed in on AOL today how many new E-mails were in your Inbox?  How many were in your Spam, Holder?

Two, I just finished a major clean out of my e-mails.  0 spam; ain't I the lucky one?

3.  If there was one childhood friend from your youth that you could meet today to find out what happend to them, who would it be and why?

Bob LaForce.  Whatever happened to Bobby Laforce.  When he moved into the house next door to me, everyone said he was weird, a geek, a nerd.  I was around 10 years old and once I got to know him, we had many a merry time together.  He was very talented with puppets and marionettes, had his own puppet theater in the basement and could keep me in stitches with his routines and plays.  He was probably my first experience of looking past the packaging to discover who lived within.  I moved away about two years later and only saw him once after that.  I wonder how life treated him.

4.  How much weight would you like to gain or lose?  Whose body would you most like your own to resemble?

At present, I'd like to lose about eight pounds.  I'm working on it.  I have no desire to resemble any one else.  I like my body; I wouldn't mind being a bit taller though.  (Then I probably wouldn't have to worry about losing those eight pounds!)

5.  What is the last CD or cassette you listened to in your car? 

I don't have a tape player or CD player in my car at the present time so it's been a while since I've listened to either while on the road.  The last CD I listened to in my car was "Fisherman's Blues" by TheWaterboys.  Great CD!

6. RAPID FIRE QUESTION #1:  "The last time."  When is the last time you:
a. ...Lied to someone you care about?
b. ...Were tempted to reveal a secret that no one else knows?
c. ...Payed a bill online?
d. ...Saw a movie trailer that made you want to see the movie it advertised?
e. ...Took an aspirin or pain reliever?
f. ...Hung up on someone?
g. ...Turned down an invitation to a party?
h. ...Filled your car's gas tank?
i. ...Had an unexpected knock on your door?
j. ...Ate a meal that left you absolutely stuffed?

a...Four days ago when I told one of my very favorite residens where I work that I liked her hair.  She'd just had it permed--one of those short, tight ones--and I didn't like it at all.

b...When a co-worker who's been working seven months longer than I have mentioned her hourly wage.  I always assumed she made more than I do and discovered this was not so.  I didn't mention what I make.  This is information I keep to myslef.

c...Three weeks ago.

d...:"Kingdom of Heaven".  What female could resist a film with Orlando Bloom and better yet, Liam Neeson?

e...Perhaps a week ago when I took a couple of Tylynol PMs before bed.

f...I never just hang up.  No matter who's trying to sell me what, I wait a moment or two, say "no thanks" and then hang up.

g...I don't get invited to too many parties; can't recall the last one I turned down.

h...Actually filling the tank is a rare happening; it was probably about five weeks ago.

i...Yesterday.  Two young girls came to the door, asking if I had a dog.  They were trying to solicit customers for their dog-walking business.

j...Maybe over four months ago on Thanksgiving but I wasn't really stuffed, just ate more than usual for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: